It might seem the most natural thing to reach out for a can of energy drink when your energy levels drop and your focus wavers. One prime reason for the rise in popularity of these drinks is the advertisements by leading sports stars, leaders in their field who sport a shiny can in their hands and claim that it is the secret of their energy. What makes them so dangerous is that they are cheap and they are addictive; top it with celebrity endorsement and you have a heady concoction which if not controlled can destroy you.
Here are five reasons you must avoid them like plague.
- Loaded with sugar: With the focus on reducing sugar content in the day-to-day diet, these drinks can run havoc with your system because they are loaded with sugar- almost 13 teaspoons in a single can. So, you can end up with diabetes, tooth decay, weight gain and even dehydrated.
- Excess of Caffeine: Caffeine is good but these cans have an overdose of caffeine, strong enough to give you jitters, stress, and the related anxiety.
- Leads to depression: Everybody knows that too much caffeine suppresses the feel-good hormone- serotonin. As a result, you will end up experiencing mood swings and even depression.
- Internal organs at risk: Research shows that prolonged use of energy drinks leads to strokes, kidney failure, and heart attacks. It is obvious that the sheer quantity of sugar and caffeine are bound to put enough stress on your liver, kidneys and digestive system that they will break down.
- Death awaits you: Yes, it is gory but that is the truth. A majority of the energy drinks do not carry information on the amount of caffeine present in them thereby misleading youth and susceptible people to overdosing resulting in heart arrhythmia and death.
I got advice from apexhealthandcare.com and I have decided to follow the advice for we have only one life to live.